European Free Alliance MEPs sit in a joint European parliamentary group with the Greens.
EFA Members of the European Parliament are members of the Greens/European Free Alliance Group in the European Parliament, forming a common parliamentary group since the European elections of 1999.
The European Free Alliance (EFA) draws together political parties fighting for democracy and self-determination for the stateless nations and regions of Europe. We are committed to democratic, constitutional and peaceful means. EFA's work and campaigning is underpinned by the core principles of social justice and equality.
EFA fights for:
- democracy for the stateless nations and regions of Europe
- respect and recognition for the rights of minorities
- an end to racism and xenophobia
- social justice and progressive politics
- sustainable development and environmental protection
- peaceful conflict resolution and an end to war
EFA MEPs have achieved greater recognition for Europe's stateless nations and have highlighted the discrimination faced by minority language speakers. The group are powerful advocates for Europe's disadvantaged regions, fighting for fair play when the EU decides how to spend its structural funds. Our group has also been particularly active in exposing human rights abuses across the world and in defending civil liberties.