Josep Maria Terricabras
- Member of the Commitee Constitutional Affairs
- Substitute Member of the Commitee Petitions
- Substitute Member of the Commitee Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs
- Member of the Delegation Euro-Latin America
- Member of the Delegation EU-Mexico
- Substitute Member of the Delegation EU-Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Born in Calella in 1946, Josep-Maria Terricabras was a Professor of Philosophy at the University of Girona prior to his election to the European Parliament in May 2014, as part of the L’Esquerra pel dret a decidir broad-left electoral coalition, which promotes the independence of Catalonia and social justice.
He is a graduate of the University of Barcelona and the University of Münster, and has been a visiting research fellow at the University of Münster, St John’s College, Cambridge, and the University of California, Berkeley.
His academic speciality is contemporary thought and he has published widely.
He is also a member of the Catalan National Assembly (ANC), a civil society based grass-roots movement which draws together people of all backgrounds who want to see Catalonia become a new European state, and of the Institut d’Estudis Catalans (IEC), (Institute of Catalan Studies).
For more information:
B- 1047 Brussels
Allée du Printemps - B.P. 1024/F
F-67070 Strasbourg Cedex